This form is for all art submissions. Such works may include paintings, photographs (including high-quality photos of 3-D or mixed-media work), prints, digital illustrations, graphic short stories, and so on.
- Cover art is a single color image for the front with either a related image or cropped portion of the cover image printed on the back. You can see examples of our previous covers here.
- Inside art is a spread of approximately 4-8 pages of black-and-white images. The cover art and inside art are most often from different artists but may be from the same person depending on how a series lends itself.
- For our inside art spread, we prefer to publish 4-8 pieces that work together as a series (whether you originally created them with that intent or not). Please submit up to 12 images; we like having more to choose from than we ultimately will publish.
- If submitting a graphic short story, please submit only one at a time.
- Work submitted to River Styx must be previously unpublished in print. By submitting it, you assert that you hold all publication rights and permissions for the images.
- We will consider work that is currently under consideration elsewhere but ask that you inform us of such and notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Expect three to five months for a decision.